[jdom-interest] Moving elements closer to the root

Amy Lewis amyzing at talsever.com
Mon May 7 20:16:32 PDT 2001

On Tue, May 08, 2001 at 01:37:30AM +0100, Thomas Nichols wrote:
>Good Day,
>Previous discussions on detach() et al haven't yet guided me to a solution
>to this one - all help welcome.
>I want to convert
>   <b>
>     <c>
>     Some mixed content.
>     </c>
>   </b>
>   <c>
>   Some mixed content.
>   </c>
>i.e. I want to make the _child_ part of the content of the _grandparent_,
>making the parent redundant.
>the following:
>grandParent.removeContent (parent);
>grandParent.addContent (child);

Between those two statements, add:

Although you've removed parent from grandparent, since child still has
a parent (parent), it can't have another one (JDOM is into single
motherhood).  You have to orphan it, first.

Amelia A. Lewis          alicorn at mindspring.com          amyzing at talsever.com
So what is love then?  Is it dictated or chosen?  Does it sing like the
hymns of a thousand years or is it just pop emotion?  And if it ever was
here and it left does it mean it was never true?
                                                -- Emily Saliers