[jdom-interest] Newbie - JDOM and JBuilder 4

David.Blatchford at usa.alcatel.com David.Blatchford at usa.alcatel.com
Tue May 8 05:05:32 PDT 2001

I am a fairly new user to Java, XML, and JDOM. I have been trying to build
a very simple program just to sort of get my feet wet and understand how
JDOM works. I am using JBuilder 4 on a WinNT machine. I can build the
program without any errors, but when I run I get the following line:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/java/util/collections/Collection
     at myproj.test.main(test.java:30)

Exception in thread "main"

I have the JDOM and Xerces jar files in the classpath, so I don't think
that is the problem. Any help out there would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Dave Blatchford