[jdom-interest] Request for help using JDOM Beta 6 to create namespace declaratio n

Henry Charlton henryc at nortelnetworks.com
Fri May 11 08:29:03 PDT 2001

I am working to create an XML document that is compliant with a published
standard, and am having difficulty using JDOM to generate the desired
declaration.

This is the desired output, based on the standards document (3GPP TS 32.104
V3.3.0 (2000-09) ) I need to be compliant with:

<!DOCTYPE mdc SYSTEM "MeasDataCollection.dtd">
<mdc xmlns:HTML="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml">
</mdc>

This is the dtd:
<!-- MeasDataCollection.dtd version 1.1-->
<!ELEMENT mdc (mfh, md*, mff)>
<!ELEMENT mfh (ffv, sn, st, vn, cbt)>
<!ELEMENT md (neid, mi*)>
<!ELEMENT neid (neun, nedn)>
<!ELEMENT mi (mts, gp, mt*, mv*)>
<!ELEMENT mv (moid, r*, sf?)>
<!ELEMENT mff (ts)>
<!ELEMENT ts (#PCDATA)>
<!ELEMENT sf (#PCDATA)>
<!ELEMENT r (#PCDATA)>
<!ELEMENT mt (#PCDATA)>
<!ELEMENT moid (#PCDATA)>
<!ELEMENT gp (#PCDATA)>
<!ELEMENT mts (#PCDATA)>
<!ELEMENT nedn (#PCDATA)>
<!ELEMENT neun (#PCDATA)>
<!ELEMENT cbt (#PCDATA)>
<!ELEMENT vn (#PCDATA)>
<!ELEMENT st (#PCDATA)>
<!ELEMENT sn (#PCDATA)>
<!ELEMENT ffv (#PCDATA)>
<!-- end of MeasDataCollection.dtd -->

The output I have been able to achieve using  the ctor public
Element(java.lang.String name, Namespace namespace) is:

<!DOCTYPE mdc SYSTEM "MeasDataCollection.dtd">
<HTML:mdc xmlns:HTML="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml">
</HTML:mdc>

I am using XMLSpy to validate the generated XML.  When I load in my XML file
I get this error:

This file is not valid:Root element HTML:mdc not defined in DTD/Schema

What can I do to generate the standard namespace declaration?

Thank you for your help,

Henry Charlton
UMTS OAMP Design
Nortel Networks