[jdom-interest] FAQ: Why interfaces are not used

Rosen, Alex arosen at silverstream.com
Fri May 11 11:06:46 PDT 2001

The discussion of whether the JDOM API should be interface-based started Nov
30, 2000 with "Interfaces", and continued with "Interface-based JDOM" and
"Announce: JDOMPlus".

For general future reference: the discussion of a common "Node" interface for
all JDOM objects started April 29, 2001 with "Ideas for API changes". It
continued with "API inertia", "Philosophical XML", "Design Patterns", "Common
Interfaces".

In the future, I'll try to make note of the various discussions of topics that
come up over and over again, so we can point people to them.

Alex