[jdom-interest] Performance benchmark results

Dennis Sosnoski dms at sosnoski.com
Fri May 11 11:20:30 PDT 2001

Because of the size of the documents I was using I needed to run multiple passes
on each document to get accurate results - running on a slower system would help
with this! If I can find some documents in the 1-2M byte range it'd be
interesting to see timings for a single pass on those, to.

Let me know what you find out with the other parsers. The only other one I was
aware of for SAX2 (aside from Crimson, which didn't show much difference from
Xerces in my early tests) is the updated AElfred parser. I think that one's
under the GPL, so incorporating it into applications may cause problems.

  - Dennis