[jdom-interest] Performance benchmark results

Andy Clark andyc at apache.org
Sun May 13 00:10:30 PDT 2001

Dennis Sosnoski wrote:
> A faster parser would definitely help on the document build time.

A faster parser would help everyone's build time.

> I get the impression that this is especially true for smaller
> documents, so perhaps Xerces does a lot of initialization which
> slows it in the beginning.

There is a lot less initialization overhead in Xerces2 which is
already usable as long as you don't need Schema at the moment. I
would be interested to know how well Xerces2 performs in the test.
And the newest version of Xerces should be used -- there's a new
release (1.4.0) scheduled to be released by the end of this week.

Andy Clark * IBM, TRL - Japan * andyc at apache.org