[jdom-interest] new user

Ian Lea ian.lea at blackwell.co.uk
Wed May 16 14:00:42 PDT 2001

> I am new user to this group as well as facing some problem
> in the installation. After building all the files on
> Sun-solaris environment, still I am getting some
> error. Could you please let me know how to set path etc..

You don't need to build jdom - the distribution includes
a jar file in build/jdom.jar.

Here is a short sample session to help you get started:

bash-2.03$ uname -a
SunOS athena 5.8 Generic_108528-05 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-2
bash-2.03$ java -version
java version "1.3.0_02"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.3.0_02)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.3.0_02, mixed mode)
bash-2.03$ gunzip -c jdom-b6.tar.gz | tar -xf -
bash-2.03$ cd jdom-b6
bash-2.03$ export CLASSPATH=./:build/jdom.jar:lib/xerces.jar
bash-2.03$ javac samples/*.java
bash-2.03$ java samples/SAXBuilderDemo samples/web.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE web-app
The initial value for the counter        <!-- optional -->

If this doesn't work for you then, as Philip says, you will
need to be more specific and tell us exactly what is going