[jdom-interest] Visual Age and JDOM

Michel De Lange michel.delange at inno.com
Tue May 29 14:53:56 PDT 2001

I had a program, which worked fine with Forte, and then I imported it to Visual Age. First, I had a problem (nosuchmethod) in Document. Then I ran the build11 batch files to change the import statements in JDOM, and then I had an error that the reference to LinkedList was ambiguous. I removed one of the import statements, and then I had an error, this time in Element:

Thread[main,5,main] (Alive): Exception Caught: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError
Converters.newConverter(String, Class)
Converters.newConverter(int, String)
OutputStreamWriter(OutputStream, String)

The solution is to put in a statement:

(where fmt is the XMLOutputter). I just wanted to share that with you all. Cheers,