[jdom-interest] org.jdom.Builder?

Ian Lea ian.lea at blackwell.co.uk
Tue Nov 13 01:32:09 PST 2001

Use org.jdom.input.SAXBuilder.

import java.io.File;
import org.jdom.Document;
import org.jdom.input.SAXBuilder;

public class JDOM {
	SAXBuilder builder = new SAXBuilder();
	Document jdoc = builder.build(new File(args[0]));

Can also build from Streams, Readers, etc.

There is a DOMBuilder as well but SAXBuilder is recommended
in most cases.  Have you perhaps got the 1st. edition of
Java & XML?  Can't see any mention of the Builder interface
in the 2nd. edition.  In fact I don't recall it ever being there
but perhaps it was.

--
Ian.
ian.lea at blackwell.co.uk