[jdom-interest] Using NanoXML and JDOM

Paul Libbrecht paul at mathweb.org
Mon Oct 1 17:00:20 PDT 2001

Sir Dennis,

Funny, i had encountered your benchmarks recently when discovering a
slight  bit of dom4j.
Now the definitive thing that's missing in all these is to change the SAX
parser (though it would add a new dimension).

Did you not use some profiling tool for the memory allocation ??
I mean, this should, ideally, measure only the space and time for the
objects and not for the classes, even classloading time.

At least for speed, I saw an enormous difference between Saxon's AElfred
and Xerces (this was the important thing in this case).

Paul