[jdom-interest] getChildTextNormalize()

Jason Hunter jhunter at collab.net
Wed Oct 3 01:33:43 PDT 2001

> Having a helper class does not mean removing the convenience methods: The
> helper class may provide the actual implementation and the existing
> convenience methods will make use of the helper.

I have to disagree here.  That approach would imply the helper classes
would be part of the core, and that means the core API would get the
additional methods anyway -- same API size increase with the downside
they wouldn't be in the place one would expect them or look for them, or
in the place OOP would naturally place them.