[jdom-interest] Memory usage when processing a large file

Jon Baer jonbaer at digitalanywhere.com
Sun Oct 7 21:17:26 PDT 2001

I asked the same exact question a long time back and never really got a response but
from what I was told eventually was that if I was parsing and building a DOM
structure of anykind that was something like 7MB that Id be better off using a
database and skip the whole XML process, which got me going on a seperate project
that basically uses a database (HypersonicSQL) as almost a scratch disk for building
large documents that needed later direct manipulation (via XPath), something more or
else that would take XPath and turn into a temporary SQL solution.  I have not gotten
far with it but for this chatbot application Im writing it's going to eventually need
to done.

I'd be interested in hearing any other solutions out there.

- Jon