[jdom-interest] XPath bindings?

Bradley S. Huffman hip at a.cs.okstate.edu
Fri Oct 12 08:14:31 PDT 2001

> > Am I must be missing something? With Jaxen cann't you do
> >
> >    XPath xpath = new XPath( String xpathExpr);
> >    List list = xpath.selectNodes( Element element);
>
> Certainly.
>
> I'm just proposing adding jaxen-core.jar && jaxen-jdom.jar to the
> distribution,

Yes, +1 (with good examples).

> and adding the convenience methods to Element and Document
> to make it just That Much Easier to work with XPaths.

Grant I'm new to JDOM/Jaxen, but so far I've found them extremely easy
to work with as is.  It's just adding selectNodes() to Element and Document
stikes me as the same discussion of as the one about getChildTextNormalized().
Down the road I can see a thread about need for selectNodes( XPath xpath) and
selecSingleNode( XPath xpath) to save a few CPU cycles.

-1 for me, keep things clean and simple and have helper classes.  Matter
of fact I like the idea of moving all getChild*() to helper classes.