[jdom-interest] (no subject)

Jason Long jason at jmlie.com
Sun Oct 21 10:01:51 PDT 2001

I am working on a program that catalog internal file properties and loggs
them in XML.  I previously believed that I could make the assumption that
the structure of the XML could have a direct correlation with the directory
structure of the file, but this is no longer valid.  Here is an example of
of my structure:

<CD_Library>
  <artist name="artist 1">
    <album title="album 1">
      <tract number="1" title="title 1" />
      <tract number="2" title="title 2" />
    </album>
  </artist>
  <artist name="artist 2">
    <album title="album 1">
      <tract number="1" title="title 1" />
      <tract number="2" title="title 2" />
    </album>
  </artist>
</CD_Library>

I would like to check if an artist/album exists with a given name and either
add it to the root or under the appropiate node.  I know how to do this with
XPath, but is there a way to do this using JDOM?

Jason Long
JML Internet Enterprises - www.jmlie.com
BS Physics, MS Chemical Engineering