[jdom-interest] question apache tomcat jdom?

The Duke mini78 at lycos.com
Mon Oct 22 02:48:52 PDT 2001

I have a problem using Tomcat and Apache. I have built an application, that works perfect when only Tomcat is up. When I use Apache too, nothing happens.

My servlet and Bean are found, but the xml parser stops at the point where the xml document is build. I'm using JDom as xml parser. And an Url to find the xml document.

In tomcat I can use following url : http://myHost:8080/MyApp/MyDir/MyXMLFile.xml
The xml document appears in the browser.

With apache I use : http://myHost:80/MyApp/MyDir/MyXMLFile.xml
This also works.

When my application tries to acces the xml file, nothing happens and I have to restart Tomcat and Apache.

There isn't an error in the xml document, because otherwise it wouldn't work with only tomcat up.

I've set the ServerName in apache's httpd.conf to myHost. http://myHost shows the index.html in apache's htdocs.
http://myHost/myApp/ shows the index.jsp in tomcats webapps/myApp dir.

I hope anyone can help me.

Dennis Knol