[jdom-interest] Keeping newlines in attribute values

Christian Hirsch hp at netbook.se
Wed Oct 24 05:57:10 PDT 2001

Hi.

I need to keep the plain test formatting in longer texts received in
the value of an attribute, but can't figure out how to do so.

Example of an incoming document:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE tst_message SYSTEM "file:/tmp/tst_message.dtd">
<tst_message>
<tst_text
	message="Here are some linesof text I need to know the plain
text fomatting of, that is where the newlines originally
were placed. Especially important in texts like:

2001                   Quite Nice
2000                   Not so Nice
1999                   Ok"
/>
</tst_message>

Where the DTD (file:/tmp/tst_message.dtd) looks like:

<!ELEMENT tst_message  (tst_text) >
<!ELEMENT tst_text     EMPTY >
<!ATTLIST tst_text  message CDATA  #REQUIRED >

So, how do I keep the newlines in the message attribute?

Anyone got any ideas?

Best Regards
Christian Hirsch