[jdom-interest] Xerces getQName problem?

Brett McLaughlin brett at newInstance.com
Wed Sep 5 16:48:43 PDT 2001

You've got an old version of Xerces in your classpath, using SAX 2.0 beta, not the final release of SAX 2.0. You'll want to use the xerces.jar that JDOM comes with, and this will go away.

However, this IBM program looks to depend on that older version of SAX, which means that until IBM gets off a version that was deprecated a year ago, things don't look so good ;-)

Brett McLaughlin
Enhydra Strategist   http://www.enhydra.org
Lutris Technologies http://www.lutris.com
O'Reilly Author       http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/javaxml2
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Frank Cohen 
  To: jdom-interest at jdom.org 
  Sent: Wednesday, September 05, 2001 1:08 AM
  Subject: [jdom-interest] Xerces getQName problem?

  I manage the Load project, an open-source utility for performance and scalability testing. Load uses JDOM and Xerces. Load ships with the jdom.jar and xerces.jar files from JDOM B7. A user reported that Xerces is throwing a NoSuchMethodError when it tries to use getQName. I am unable to duplicate the bug on Windows NT 4.0 or Windows 2000. Has anyone else run into this problem?


  C:\WINNT\Profiles\zshaw\Desktop\Load2beta2>"C:\Program Files\IBM\Java13\bin\java
  " -classpath ".\lib\soap.jar;.\lib\activation.jar;.\lib\imap.jar;.\lib\jdom.jar;
  lib\xerces.jar" com.pushtotest.load.load -script file:./scripts/welcome.xml
  java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.xml.sax.Attributes: method getQName(I)Ljava/lan
  g/String; not found
  at org.jdom.input.SAXHandler.startElement(SAXHandler.java:380)
  at org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser.startElement(SAXParser.java:1294)

  at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.callStartElement(XMLParser.java
  at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.scanElement(XMLDocumen
  at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner$ContentDispatcher.disp
  at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.parseSome(XMLDocumentS
  at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:1208)
  at org.jdom.input.SAXBuilder.build(SAXBuilder.java:287)
  at org.jdom.input.SAXBuilder.build(SAXBuilder.java:682)
  at com.pushtotest.load.commander.execute(commander.java:198)
  at com.pushtotest.load.commander.run(commander.java:170)

  This seems to keep it from running any of the scripts. I've checked my classpath (as you see, I've completely removed my classpath, and have only your classpath) and everything checks out.

  I'm running Windows NT 4.0 with IBM JDK 1.3. Thanks if you can help.

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://jdom.org/pipermail/jdom-interest/attachments/20010905/babc690d/attachment.htm

More information about the jdom-interest mailing list