[jdom-interest] Xerces getQName problem?

Brett McLaughlin brett at newInstance.com
Thu Sep 6 07:49:26 PDT 2001

> which is a reference to the xerces.jar file that comes with JDOM B7. Are
you
> saying the IBM Java VM uses SAX 2.0 beta?

I'm saying that the method getQName(String) on the Attributes interface
doesn't exist in SAX 2.0 final. But since you were able to compile your
program, you've got a version of an older SAX somewhere that you used when
compiling. Recompile your program with just xerces.jar and jdom.jar in your
classpath, and you'll get a compile-time error you should be able to fix.

Check the SAX Javadocs here:
http://www.megginson.com/SAX/Java/javadoc/index.html and you'll see that the
method reported as a problem doesn't exist.

Hope that helps
Brett