[jdom-interest] DOM level 1?

Vladimir Grishchenko VGrishchenko at serena.com
Tue Sep 18 16:29:33 PDT 2001

Hello,

I'm trying to use JDOM with WebSphere 3.5.
I read in FAQ's that I need to include xerces.jar on my system classpath. I
beleive I also need to remove the jar containing old interafces (xml4j.jar)
from the classpath. Is xerces.jar supplied with JDOM backward compatible
with level 1 interfaces? Meaning, if I replace xml4j.jar by xerces.jar, will
it break any dependencies WebShere has on xml4j.jar or not?

Thanks,
Vladimir.

are addressed. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution
is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original
message.