[jdom-interest] XPath?

Frank Sauer Frank.Sauer at trcinc.com
Wed Sep 19 11:14:25 PDT 2001

I'm trying to use an XPath engine with JDOM to obtain the textual
content of the <name> element under the <tag> element in a taglib tld
file. I tried to use both werken.xpath and jaxen, but can't
get either to work. The context node is the <tag> element, so I tried
all of the following expressions:

and many others...... They all come up with no results...
no errors, just empty result sets. I tried JDOM b6 and b7 (as supplied with
I must be missing something here. Here's a piece of the XML file:

<!DOCTYPE taglib PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD JSP Tag Library
1.1//EN" "http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-jsptaglibrary_1_1.dtd">

<info>File manipulation tags</info>

<info>copy file</info>

Any clues???

Frank Sauer
The Technical Resource Connection, Inc.
a wholly owned subsidiary of Perot Systems
Tampa, FL
Java: The best argument for Smalltalk since C++