[jdom-interest] Dealing with binary characters in-memory -> outputter

Jason Hunter jhunter at collab.net
Mon Sep 24 15:53:21 PDT 2001

0xA9 is a legal char in UTF-8 so it's not escaping it.  (When I said "no
encoding is necessary" I typod and should have said "no escaping".)  All
chars are legal in UTF-8 so there's no need to escape standard chars.
It doesn't look good in a Latin-1 viewer though, because 0xA9 will be
two bytes in UTF-8.

-jh-