[jdom-interest] Writing foreign languages to XML

Tom Preston tpreston at amadeusboston.com
Fri Apr 12 05:19:59 PDT 2002

I don't know if Hewbrew is supported by UTF-8.  If not, try a different
encoding scheme.  Look at the bottom of this page:

Change the 1.3 in the url to  1.4 if that is what you are using...1.4 and
1.3 have major diffs in char encoding it appears.  I have been playing with
1.3 with "ISO-8859-1" and it works for getting British Pounds symbol rather
than ?.  Getting ? indicates that the character is not supported by the
output writer.