[jdom-interest] Deprecating DOMBuilder validating constructors

Elliotte Rusty Harold elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Fri Apr 12 13:01:01 PDT 2002

These two constructors no longer makes sense once the deprecated
build(InputStream), build(Reader), and build(File) methods are removed
from the DOMBuilder class:

public *DOMBuilder*(boolean validate)
public *DOMBuilder*(java.lang.String adapterClass, boolean validate)

We cannot validate when reading from a DOM  Document, only when reading
from a stream or some such. I suggest they be marked as deprecated and
then removed in a later release.

Also, the three build() mehtods mentioned above were all marked
deprecated in beta-7 so it's time to remove them.

|           The XML Bible, 2nd Edition (IDG Books, 2001)             |
|             http://www.cafeconleche.org/books/bible2/              |
|  Read Cafe au Lait for Java News:   http://www.cafeaulait.org/     |
|  Read Cafe con Leche for XML News:  http://www.cafeconleche.org/   |