[jdom-interest] List types

Steve Beech JBeech at dmu.ac.uk
Mon Apr 15 03:16:59 PDT 2002

Dear All,

I've just compiled the XMLProperties.java file (from Brett's Java and XML
book) and get the following errors:

XMLProperties.java [48:1]
loadFromElements(java.util.List,java.lang.StringBuffer) in XMLProperties
cannot be applied to
(com.sun.java.util.collections.List,java.lang.StringBuffer)
            loadFromElements(doc.getRootElement().getChildren(),new
StringBuffer(""));
            ^
XMLProperties.java [71:1]
loadFromElements(java.util.List,java.lang.StringBuffer) in XMLProperties
cannot be applied to
(com.sun.java.util.collections.List,java.lang.StringBuffer)
                loadFromElements(current.getChildren(), baseName);
                ^

Can anybody tell me why I'm getting this and how to get around it. It's a
problem I've had previously when dealing with config files.
Thanks in advance.
Steve