[jdom-interest] JDOM XSLT

Laurent Bihanic laurent.bihanic at atosorigin.com
Wed Apr 17 04:23:33 PDT 2002

Mani Doraisamy wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have a huge JDOM datastructure. when i do XSLT,
> does it output the whole tree or does it query only
> those mentioned in the stylesheet?

JDOM can't know the content of the stylesheet so it passes the whole document
content to the XSLT processor as a flow of SAX events. Based on that your XSLT
processor may choose to either rebuild the whole document in memory or process
it by small chunks. You may try different implementations.

It also depends on the way you wrote your stylesheets. If you have match
statements that select large parts of the document, chances are good that the
XSLT processor requires the whole document to be loaded before stating processing.

>  And how about namespace documents ?

There are no namespace documents. Namespace URIs are just unique identifiers,
they don't have to point to existing documents. XML parsers do not try to load
any data from namespace URIs.

Hope this helps,

Laurent