[jdom-interest] SQL join -> Structured XML

Philippe Lang philippe.lang at attiksystem.ch
Thu Apr 25 23:00:24 PDT 2002

These classes are useful for reporting, not exactly for search. We send
a query with joins to the database, get back a tabular result
(CachedRowSet), create a structured XML file from this result, and sent
it to FOP, which can ouput PDF, PCL, PS... The classes do not generate
code.

Is there another way to get XML from a database query with joins? I know
some databases can actually give back XML directly, instead of a tabular
result, but this is not a feature we can rely on. It's not portable
enough.

Philippe