[jdom-interest] Crimson

Reto Badertscher rb at i-netsystems.com
Sun Apr 28 10:17:45 PDT 2002

Hello,

just downloaded jDom Beta8 and wanted to try out the Crimson parser. So
didn't provide a SAXDriver class - but this caused the following error when
using the build method of the class SAXBuilder :
> org.jdom.JDOMException: Error in building:
org.apache.crimson.parser.XMLReaderImpl <

When using "org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser" everything is fine.

I have crimson.jar, xerces.jar, xalan.jar, jdom.jar and jaxp.jar in my
classpath. Until now i used always xerces, but because of jar footprint and
jaxp support i wanted to use crimson.

Program-Code:
SAXBuilder builder = null;
if (saxDriverClass != null)
  builder = new SAXBuilder(saxDriverClass, aValidateFlag);
else
  builder = new SAXBuilder(aValidateFlag);

  // Build the JDOM Document and get the root element
  try {
    Document doc = builder.build(new File(aFileName)); <-- Causes error

Can please somebody give me some help to find out what i'm doing wrong. BTW,
jDom is a great product which i'm using since about half a year for XML
parsing and it makes it very easy.

Thanks for any help

Reto Badertscher