[jdom-interest] Re: Exception documentation

Bart Read bart at wdi.co.uk
Tue Apr 30 07:19:02 PDT 2002

Elliotte Rusty Harold wrote:

> More likely, I think there are cases where we need to both specify
> and use a more specific subclass of JDOMException. For instance, I've
> already proposed splitting out well-formedness errors from validity
> errors. There are probably other cases where it makes sense to use
> more specific exceptions.

In which case I totally agree since if all the exceptions are subclasses of
JDOMException then this won't cause any problems with existing code.
Bart

---------- Automatically inserted by WDI Mailserver ----------------
This message has been scanned for virus, trojans, illegal relays and
spam. If you have any comments, problems or questions please do not
hesitate to contact:
Abbotsbury Software Ltd
Tel: +44 1305 871543 Fax: +44 1305 871688
Email: postmaster at wdi.co.uk
Web: http://www.wdi.co.uk/virus.phtml