[jdom-interest] strange error

Nathan Kufner nkufner at mn.rr.com
Sun Aug 18 22:06:08 PDT 2002

So this is the output of a Test file I made.  The classpath prints and then when the following code executes and I get an error:

Document doc = null;
   SAXBuilder builder = new SAXBuilder(true);                    //error occurs here
   doc = builder.build(new ByteArrayInputStream(xml));

Here is the output:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/java/util/collections/HashMap
        at org.jdom.input.SAXBuilder.<init>(SAXBuilder.java)
        at Test.main(Test.java:36)

I have never heard of and can't find that directory, and the SAXBuilder source only refers to the java/util/HashMap.  If anybody can help I would appreciate it very much, because I'm stumped...

Nathan Kufner