[jdom-interest] How to find out which parser is being used

David Kavanagh dak at dotech.com
Tue Dec 10 23:39:53 PST 2002

Sort of. The VM will find its own parser before one you put in the
classpath, or in the ext directory, but you can use the "endorsed
standards override" mechanism to replace the parser. Look in the jdk1.4
docs for the specifics. Certain APIs can have their implementation
replaced. One of these is the XML parser. You pretty much create a
directory under "jre/lib" called "endorsed" and put your jar there.

David