[jdom-interest] predefined entities

Alex Rosen arosen at novell.com
Fri Dec 13 11:01:21 PST 2002

SAX doesn't give you the entities in an attribute, only in element content. Since JDOM accesses the parser via SAX, JDOM can't get this info. (Plus, the JDOM API doesn't support it either.) I think Xerces 2's XNI interface does support this, you might want to check it out. Mabye using DOM with Xerces 2 will do the trick.

Alex

>>> Neville Peter <p_nevilleuk at yahoo.co.uk> 12/13/02 12:06PM >>>
Also,
You mention the ethos is to see the actual data rather
than the xml representation. Well, the actual data is
the entity reference & # 39; and this is what I would
like to see (the browser can convert it to what is
required for visual representation). It seems a bit
wasteful to me for the XML parser to convert this to &
only for me to have to convert it back to & # 39; in
order to store it in the database.
Is it JDOM that is causing this to happen or the
underlying parser?
Do you know if there any parsers that behave as I
would like?

Thanks for you comments.