[jdom-interest] XMLOutputter and newlines afterdeclaration/doctype

Dennis Sosnoski dms at sosnoski.com
Thu Dec 19 10:47:39 PST 2002

Vadim.Strizhevsky at morganstanley.com wrote:

>Yes, it is about XML, and should be. Therefore you should let me
>output XML the way I _want_ to.
>
>Why do you all feel that it is such a big or unusual thing to ask for,
>to be able to produce XML with no white space or newlines? You already
>have API that is supposed to control this, but you arbitrarily decided
>to not observe it in one place. That just doesn't make any logical sense
>to me.

Without getting into a flame war here, I agree with Vadim on this. This
whole thing seems to be turning into a debate on how he's using JDOM.
That's fine, if someone feels the missionary compulsion to go out and
convert the heathens to the One True Religion, but doesn't change the
point that his basic request seems reasonable and appropriate.

  - Dennis