[jdom-interest] Validation error messages

Kevin E. Allen keallen at mail.stic.net
Thu Dec 19 17:06:23 PST 2002

   I'm currently writing an editor which overlays an XML configuration
file.  For maximum flexibility in the tool (I'm departing the project
soon), I'm making it work dynamically from the XML Schema.

   I have a method in place which checks for validation by writing to a
byte array stream, then reading it back in with a SAXBuilder.  The error
messages given by the SAXBuilder are not terribly user-friendly, however.

   Has anyone done any sort of conversion of these messages to something an
average non-XML-aware user might be able to comprehend?

Thanks,

- Kevin E. Allen
  Desert Phoenix Software
  Sun Certified Java Developer