[jdom-interest] builder.setIgnoreDTD()

Brett D. McLaughlin, Sr. brett at newinstance.com
Wed Feb 6 07:25:00 PST 2002

> So I'm thinking perhaps we should have setIgnoreDTD() automatically
> this entity resolver.  I to remember someone (Brett?) warning there
> a problem with this.  Perhaps the problem is that if you wanted to
> actually resolve entities, you'd need to have something smarter than
> this resolver.

Yup. It doesn't just ignore the DTD; it ignores all entities. So I'm
sort of uncomfortable with the method being named setIgnoreDTD().
Instead, maybe setIgnoreEntities()?

Or just put something in the FAQ. I'm agnostic on the issue.

Brett McLaughlin, Sr.
Lutris Technologies  [http://www.lutris.com]
O'Reilly Author      [http://www.newInstance.com]