[jdom-interest] O'Reilly Open Source Convention Call For Speakers

tonyl at pillarsoftware.com tonyl at pillarsoftware.com
Fri Feb 8 14:19:08 PST 2002

I have been using Open Source over 13 years. I am 39 and have been coding
since I was 15
back in 1978 when I started on TRASH 80!

I was chief architect  and systems programmer for system that handles
trillions of dollars in Foreign Currency Transactions each year.  Billions
each day..!! The bank is running for is HUGE. Handles 1/6 of the worlds
assets.

It was coded using almost ALL open source tools.

Solaris EMACS
Solaris GNU C++
Solaris Bison
Solaris Flex
Solaris Perl
Solaris PHP

I WOULD love to talk and really pay Richard Stallman the credit he richly
deserves.

I consider myself an authority on GNU Software, having read and studied alot
of the source code
for over a decade.

While not Java...I can trace the roots of Open Source and show how Open
Source software is
BETTER that ANYTHING offered commercially.  I will show how BIG Global
Corporations
use and TRUST Open Source with TRILLIONS of dollars.

I also...however...can temper that rant with the real world problems of
using Open Source.

Tony Leotta
President |
Pillar Software, Inc.