[jdom-interest] Merging text nodes

Dennis Sosnoski dms at sosnoski.com
Tue Feb 19 09:44:15 PST 2002

I agree with Alex that the auto-magical text merging behavior can create
problems. Why not use a normalize()-type method to handle this (which
could even be in a support class, rather than in the core classes)? That
way the code complexity is reduced and there's no overhead for checking
possible merges unless the user actually makes the request.

  - Dennis