[jdom-interest] Suggestions for increasing speed of JDOM based app

Alex Rosen arosen at silverstream.com
Tue Feb 26 11:06:52 PST 2002

Excellent recommendation. Another thing to try, if you have fixed or at
least repeating searches, is using a compiler for XSLT and/or regexp, which
builds a special-purpose class file for performing the tranformation and or
search. Xalan has XSLTC, I'm sure there's some regexp compiler somewhere.

It sounds like you're using some not-too-speedy technologies (XML, XSL,
regexp) for an app that needs a lot of performance, which may be the root of
your problem. I don't know anything about what you're trying to do, but can
you do something else instead, like store the info in a database?

Alex

t.com

t.com