[jdom-interest] Internal Element References

Adrian Sutton A.Sutton at sqi.gu.edu.au
Tue Jan 15 17:59:15 PST 2002

Hi all,
Firstly a quick apology for quoting the entire digest in my last message and
a thanks to Hallvard for his prompt solution to the problem.

Now, my last foreseeable problem....

I would like to find a way for one object to be a child of multiple
elements.  XML has support for references but these seem to be to external
files.  Is there anyway to insert a reference to an element in the same file
and have JDOM automatically use the same object?

The alternative of course is to store an ID of some kind for the object and
then manually retrieve the element as needed, but this doesn't seem as
elegant.

Thanks in advance,

Adrian Sutton

Email: ajsutton at optushome.com.au            Ph: 3411 4361
Beware of computer programmers that carry screwdrivers.
  --Leonard Brandwein