[jdom-interest] < not allowed in attribut

bob mcwhirter bob at werken.com
Fri Jan 18 23:16:28 PST 2002

Typically, you need to escape those values when building
HTML/XML with them.

It's a 3-step process, typically:

	1) Escape all instances of '&' to '&amp;'
	2) Escape all instances of ''' (single-quote) to '&apos;'
	3) Escape all instances of '"' (double-quote) to '&quot;'

I'm pretty much certain that there's got to be a class
floating around the net to do this for you, but I always
tend to write my own using jakarta-regexp or OROMatcher,
or something similar.

	-bob