[jdom-interest] DOCTYPE still giving me the worst headache!

Elliotte Rusty Harold elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Wed Jan 30 07:20:18 PST 2002

I just downloaded the latest source code from CVS to look at fixing
the DocType class to distinguish between no PUBLIC ID/System ID and
an empty string public ID/System ID.

Before I made any changes, I built it all and ran the test suite.
Every single test failed. Is this normal? What's the status of the
test suite? Is it in sync with the current code? A few tests I could
see why they failed. They were for XPath functionality in 1.1 I
didn't install. However, most of them failed for no apparent and did
not produce any helpful error messages indicating why the test failed.

Ideas? I don't want to start hacking on the code until I can make
sure I can run the test suite.