[jdom-interest] JDOM and Oracle V2 Parser

Andrew Schneider Andrew.Schneider at doj.ca.gov
Tue Jul 2 14:07:22 PDT 2002

I have already CC'ed a response to the mailing list regarding this.  I screwed up, and I meant to say IllegalTargetException, not IllegalAccessException.  Sorry.  So, the question is, I wanted to know if there was a work around when using the DOM parser (via the OracleV2DOMAdaptor) for Oracle for the IllegalTargetException issue (I know it is an Oracle bug, but we really cannot use a different parser).

Thanks,
Andrew

>>> Jason Hunter <jhunter at servlets.com> 07/02/02 02:01PM >>>
> We are evaluating JDOM to utilize on a project.  It has been decided to use Oracle's parser here on the project (it is a full Oracle shop from database to app server).  I have read through the archives about the issue regarding IllegalAccessException and the reasons behind why it is occurring.  My question is, is there a work around to this, so we can use JDOM in conjunction with the Oracle Parser?  I searched the archives, but could find nothing addressing this.

I don't remember the issue.  Are you hitting it?

> Also, since we will be using the Oracle parser exclusively, will there be any need to have the xerces.jar in the classpath?

Nope, no need.

attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)
and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any
unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.
by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.