[jdom-interest] (no subject)

MarkW mark.wilson at wilsoncom.de
Thu Jul 18 01:11:47 PDT 2002

werken.xpath is an older version of jaxen.
I use the following method to count elements according to a certain
xpath expression:
  public static int getJDOMCount( Document doc, String xpath )
    int ret = -1;
      Number num = new XPath( xpath ).numberValueOf( doc );
      ret = num.intValue();
    catch ( SAXPathException spx )
      out(" getJDOMElement->ERROR ");
      logError( spx );
    return ret;
An example for an xpath expression:
Jaxen unfortunately does not contain good examples.
Some good links:
Elliotte Rusty Harold has an excellent introduction to xml and (amongst
other things) xpath:
The latest (cvs?) version of jdom has jaxen built in.