[jdom-interest] New Document class not backward compatible

daves.subscriptions at SAFe-mail.net daves.subscriptions at SAFe-mail.net
Mon Jul 22 14:42:26 PDT 2002

I am attempting to upgrade from JDOM 6 to 8 and I get the following exception when I deserialize old Document objects:

exception:java.io.InvalidClassException: org.jdom.Document; Local class not compatible: stream classdesc serialVersionUID=7714773085979387670 local class serialVersionUID=607431889463202798

Looks like the Serializable class's data was changed without supplying the corresponding readObject/writeObject routines.

I could try to help write a read/writeObject, but I'm not familiar with the code or the changes that have been made to JDOM.

Are there any other gottcha's in other classes that I'll run into?

-- Dave