[jdom-interest] why can't I sort this list?

John L. Webber - Jentro AG John.Webber at jentro.com
Tue Jul 23 23:31:35 PDT 2002

Hi Paul,

Can you provide the stack trace of the exception? What does your XML
look like? Are any user elements missing a name element, or do any name
elements have no text?

Regards,

John

Paul Phillips wrote:

> I am sure I am doing something really stupid here, but...
>
> I have a list that I have obtained reading in an xml file using jdom. I can
> read from and write to this file.  I just can't sort it - I get a null
> pointer exception that I can't figure out...
>
> The xml file is simple.
> The root element is <users>
> There are several <user> children.
> Each <user> child has one <name> element.

 Jentro AG
 John L. Webber, Software Development
 Peter-Henlein-Strasse 28, 85540 Haar/Munich, Germany
 Tel. +49 89 462 385 0     mailto:John.Webber at jentro.com
 Fax  +49 89 462 385 29    http://www.jentro.com