[jdom-interest] SAX- DOM problems

Drinkwater, GJ (Glen) G.J.Drinkwater at dl.ac.uk
Wed Jul 24 04:55:26 PDT 2002

Hi

I have been using jdom for a while now and think it is a good api, the only
problem is when i use the SAXBuilder to build xml documents.

I have done a few tests myself using url input steams to load xml and i have
found that even thought using the DOMBuilder was slightly slower that using
the SAXBuilder the memory usage associated were 5-8 times higher with the
SAX. JDOM have decided to deprecate the DOMBuilder but as memory with java
is am important issue why have they decided to do this???

Glen.