Radical Suggestion (was Re: Antwort: RE: [jdom-interest] Namespace help)

Michael Salmon ms at formulae.org
Thu Jul 25 13:20:30 PDT 2002

Another idea about handling creating elements that inherit namespaces
from their parent. It would be possible to add a method
public Element makeChildElement(String name, etc..) in Element itself which
would do a few things.
1) copy the existing elements namespace into this new element.
2) add the element as a child element to this element

Element root = new Element("root", "foo");
childOrderA = root.makeChild("A");
childOrderB = childOrderB.makeChild("B", "bar");

would create xml like:
<root xmlns="foo">
  <A xmlns="foo">
    <B xmlns="bar"/>