[jdom-interest] Slower Transform using to use JDOMSource than DOMOutputter + DOMSource. Why??

s s ss_theone at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 30 07:26:20 PDT 2002

hmmm... I am not sure if the problem is with DocType information since I
have none declared in my xml files.

The problem as I had initially stated was that (by my tests) it was faster
to convert a JDOM document to DOM and then using DOMSource to transform
(Xalan-J2 XSLT processor) it into HTML. Rather than just feeding the JDOM
document through with JDOMSource into the transformer.

Does this mean I should change my code to use DOM instead of JDOM to gain
speed performance in the transformation? But that's a pain!

thanks again,
sean.