[jdom-interest] Urgent: Unicode character not being displayed...

Pandia, Rajesh rajesh.pandia at matrixone.com
Fri Jun 7 10:30:41 PDT 2002

1. Here is my message format that I am trying to parse:

2.    Here's the code to parse
 public void doIt() throws JDOMException
        org.jdom.input.SAXBuilder builder = new
        Document doc = builder.build(fileName);
        //System.out.println(doc+": Doc");
        Element root = doc.getRootElement();
        String GlobalBusinessActionCode =

3. Here is my output.  If you notice the Unicode character in Zürich has
been replaced by Znrich.  This appears on the stdout when I print the string

WebGain Java! JustInTime Compiler Version 4.00.007(x) for JDK 1.2
Copyright (C) 2000 WebGain, Inc.

GlobalBusinessActionCode: Znrich

I need immediate help.

Thanks in Advance,