[jdom-interest] Okay, I'm blind...

Laurent Bihanic laurent.bihanic at atosorigin.com
Thu Jun 13 00:49:44 PDT 2002

Robert J. Sanford, Jr. wrote:
> I've never used Swing - I'm only a server-side coder. Maybe I was just
> imagining it but I got really excited because I thought that would make
> things LOTS easier for me...

JDOM allows you to extends Element or any other object to add any
application-specific data to them.
You just need to extend org.jdom.Element to add your data and
org.jdom.input.DefaultJDOMFactory to return your specific Element subclass.
When parsing a document, just pass an instance of your factory to the builder
and you'll get a document made of your own classes.

Hope this helps,

                  wWw    Zzzzz
                 (- -)
Laurent Bihanic           | Tel: +33 (0)1  (Direct line)
Atos Origin               |      +33 (0)1
Intégration - e-Business  | Fax: +33 (0)1
Les Miroirs - Bat. C      |
18, avenue d'Alsace       |
F-92926 La Defense Cedex  | e-Mail: laurent.bihanic at atosorigin.com

"Microsoft isn't the answer. Microsoft is the question and the answer
  is no."

The opinions expressed are entirely my own and may not necessarily be
those of my employer.  Also, I am not now nor have I ever been a
lawyer.  My opinions are provided as-is with absolutely no warrantee of
merchantability or fitness for any particular use.  Besides, you can't
prove I typed this.  No body saw me type this.  Who says I typed this?