[jdom-interest] testing for existance of xml file

Olivier Coppel olivier.coppel at akazi.com
Tue Jun 25 09:01:51 PDT 2002

I think it's not a jdom problem. Before calling "builder.build", try to open
the xml file. For example, if you use a "FileReader" class to load your xml
file, you must write :

try {
  FileReader f = new FileReader("/usr/local/tomcat/myfile2.xml");
catch (FileNotFoundException e) {

If file is not found an exception is thrown.

I hope that will help you.

Olivier Coppel